Public Safety WARNING from Miss Vickie

Come here to discuss fishing for all types of panfish and catfish. We also want to hear your favorite fish recipes too!

Moderators: sumtershoaliefan, kokosing lover

Public Safety WARNING from Miss Vickie

Postby nielson » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:11 pm

If you get the hairbrained notion to try to duplicate KFC's secret cooking method using the wife's pressure cooking pot,

FIRST READ WHAT MISS VICKIE HAS TO SAY!

http://missvickie.com/howto/fry/frying.html

Ever safety conscious in Athens, your pal, Jim

PS: This goes for turkeys, ducks, capons, cornish hens or other species of similar ilk.
nielson
Green and Gold Thigh

Postby Blackwater » Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:20 am

Thanks. I think I knew that but it helps to review stuff like that and hypothermia facts and first aid techniques among other things, like if your wife asks you, "Do I look OK in this?" there is only one answer that works. You look great babydoll.
"Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms." Josey Wales

"But hey Pappy, they integrated!'" Jr to Pappy O''Daniel
Blackwater
Green and Gold Thigh

Postby Jre 1274 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:16 pm

I use my pressure cooker a couple of times a month and I love it I received it as a gift from my brother and I had never used one but he gave me the basics and I took it from there.Heres a simple recipe for thew pressure cooker. Take 1,2 pound bag of chicken fingers and 2 cans of swanson chichen broth combine in pressure cooker. Get your pressure up then cut back to low heat cook 20 minutes and your done, when you take the lid off stir up the contents and youll have chicken and gravy and it is good.I like pilgrims pride or top chik chicken fingers.
failure is a much better teacher than success.
Jre 1274
2 Pound Mountain Redeye

Postby JohnYaksJax » Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:27 pm

Interesting stuff!!

My Mother always cooked chicken pieces in a pressure cooker and then coated them in flour and lightly fried the pieces!!
It was "Ma Stewart's Chicken" WAY BEFORE it was Col. Sanders, but she only used salt and pepper for spices!!

The old device she used was probably a SEARS model since that was the "family standard" for stuff.....SEARS applicances (Kenmore?) and Craftsman tools for Dad....It was Heavy Duty and had some type of "latching lid" as I remember....

She also cooked Green Beans with some bacon or ham and onion in the pressure cooker, and I have NEVER had any that were that good since!!
The ones at Lee's Chicken are pretty close tho.....
Finally, it exploded one time and we had to clean green beans off the walls and the ceiling....LOL!!!

Mom passed away at age 92 this past February from Alzheimer's Disease, but this post brought back some wonderful memories, and up until a few months before her passing, she would grin and smile when I told her that story!!
Thanks for the memories!!
JYJ
JohnYaksJax
Green and Gold Thigh

Postby Jre 1274 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:54 pm

My mom would never use a pressure cooker because she was afraid it would blow up how ironic lol.
failure is a much better teacher than success.
Jre 1274
2 Pound Mountain Redeye

Return to Bream Fishin', Catfishin', and Cookin' Em Up!