For you folks with small kids or just want to pond hop.

Here's the place to discuss anything Georgia, river, or fishing-related! This is the busiest part of the board, so if you don't know where to go or need a quick answer, try here first.

Moderators: shoalieman, sumtershoaliefan

For you folks with small kids or just want to pond hop.

Postby catfish Hunter » Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:19 am

Just wanted to let you folks in on some good little Pay to Fish Ponds around Kennesaw, Acworth, and Cartersville.

Fist Is Dugout Outfitters in Marietta / Kennesaw

Dugout Outfitters has been around the Allatoona area for quite some time. They were located right off of hwy 41 in a old looking building. But as of several years ago they are in a much nicer and new and improved location in Marietta and they even have 2 small fishing ponds to fish out of. The owners are Ted Gambrell and Jamie Koza. Craig Miller runs the tackle store and is super knowledgeable about the up and coming trends in the fishing industry as well as what is happening with the bite on our local lakes. The Dugout has a full supply of all of your favorite baits not limited to Lucky Craft, G Loomis Rods, Okuma Rods, Gary Yamamoto Custom Baits, Robo Worm, Spot Stickers, Bass Trix, Reaction Strike, SPRO, ZOOM, Strike King, Live bait and alot of the hot baits and colors that are working on the local lakes. The Dugout is located at 1475 Field Park Cir. Marietta, GA 30066 phone number is 770-428-7406. They are a little tricky to find but they aren't far from Barrett Parkway.

Next is Manning Lake in Cartersville.

Manning Lake is located at 751 Cedar Creek Rd NW Cartersville, GA 30121 (770) 382-8634. They are a farm pond with easy bank access, and large open areas perfect for practicing with a fly rod. Not as much information as The Dugout, but they have a decent little store, but no bathrooms.

Both Ponds have a pay to fish fee, as well as a price per pound to keep what you catch. But if you have a small child who loves to fish like my little boy does, then these are great places to go, the bream hit like large mouths, and the catfish are anywhere from 1-8 lbs. Plus because these are stocked lakes and pond raised, you don't have to worry too much about contaminated fish.

Next is a no name lake just off I-75 and Highway 411 in White. Go 75 North to the White exit, turn right, and just as you do you will see a gas station and produce stand on the left, turn there and follow the dirt road around behind that area, beautiful little lake, pay on your honor, and fish all you want. No exact information and this is the best I can do on this one.

One place you can get rods and reels repaired is Nutter Rod and Reel. Nutter Rod & Reel Service 3383 Hwy. 411 NE White, GA 30184-2432 Phone: (770) 386-3978. They also repair trolling motors, and can often offer advice on so local spots to fish. I have had several rods and reels repaired by them. Prices are reasonable, and they are very down to earth Christian folks. Honest to a fault, and also have some rebuilt equipment for sale so if you want to get a little one involved in fishing without spending an arm and a leg, talk to them and see what they have available.

Hopes this helps you folks out some and if you have any questions, drop me an email, jsdouglas@gmail.com
A bad day fishing is better than any good day at work.
catfish Hunter
Dink

Postby TeamYakFish » Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:19 am

Good post CH.....when I was a kid I loved those places. I didn't come from a fishn' family so when I found a place like that I was in heaven.
Pass it on.....take a kid fishn'
www.teamyakfish.com
NuCanoe "The Adventure Starts Here"
Sales and Product Development Manager
TeamYakFish
Basketball floating down Hooch

Return to General Discussion