Mud hole fishing

The long rod ain't just for trout, you know! Discuss chasing bass and bream on the fly right here!

Moderators: shoalieman, sumtershoaliefan

Mud hole fishing

Postby Riverpirate » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:02 pm

Well you could call is moving water. There was water running in one end and out the othere. There really was a current. And the fish were eating. I caught more in one day then Mile Iconelli caught all weekend in the Bass Master Classic. Maybe I should go pro...lol. The fly of the day was the Harry Fodder although the largest fish came near the end of the day on a stealth bomber. There was about thirty minutes of sweet top water fishing.

The largest of the day:(no Jim I did not measure it or weight it since it would not count in the tourney):
I only envy those who catch more fish than me.-Issac Walton
Riverpirate
Green and Gold Thigh

Re: Mud hole fishing

Postby nielson » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:28 am

That's a beauty, glad you really got in to them and good to hear they ended up hitting topwater.
By the way, when they seem to be really hitting do you ever switch baits just to see if it matters? My expereience is that it doesn't seem to matter at all.
Your pal, Jim
nielson
Green and Gold Thigh

Re: Mud hole fishing

Postby Riverpirate » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:02 am

I switched yesterday and it did matter. It had to be bumped on the bottom yesterday until late. I heard some hitting and saw chasing up on a shallow flat. So I switched to the Stealth Bomber and they starting hitting it. I started off with the top water because I love watch the top water slurp. But it was not working earlier.
I only envy those who catch more fish than me.-Issac Walton
Riverpirate
Green and Gold Thigh

Return to Fly Fishing Forum