Quick Trip

The long rod ain't just for trout, you know! Discuss chasing bass and bream on the fly right here!

Moderators: shoalieman, sumtershoaliefan

Quick Trip

Postby dhatch » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:06 pm

Turkeyh90 and I made a quick last minute trip this morning for a few hours. We each caught about 12 fish mix between red breast, spots, and shoalies. All fish were small but it beat being at work and we didn't get the skunk. I also got to break in a new rod I built (it's actually my first), but we didn't snap any pictures due to the smaller size of fish. The weather was pretty nice just a little humid. I stepped off a rock into a neck deep hole that provided some pretty good entertainment for the morning. Just prior to leaving we explored an area we weren't familiar with and found us a new spot to fish that might even hold some stripes when the time comes! I expect the rivers to be packed the rest of the weekend and I don't have the patience or desire to deal with crowds while I fish. I think I will watch some football, enjoy the family, and tie a few flies. Good luck to any who are fishing this weekend.
"Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn."

~by Chuck Clark~
dhatch
Stumpknocker

Re: Quick Trip

Postby nokinrocks » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:13 pm

Good report, glad you guys could get out... Nathan and I are doing an overnight on the Olcmulgee this weekend, hope to put a few fish on the virtual stringer.
"wind from the north, stay home, of courth." — Blackwater Bill

A guy on the train was reading a dictionary and saying the words out loud "...someplace....Somerset....Somesuch..." He must have been up to something.
nokinrocks
2 Pound Mountain Redeye

Re: Quick Trip

Postby dhatch » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:24 pm

Sounds like fun. I hope ya'll catch em. Let me know how it goes and good luck.
"Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn."

~by Chuck Clark~
dhatch
Stumpknocker

Return to Fly Fishing Forum