Breckenridge Colorado

The long rod ain't just for trout, you know! Discuss chasing bass and bream on the fly right here!

Moderators: shoalieman, sumtershoaliefan

Breckenridge Colorado

Postby Titaniumman » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:36 pm

I've been invited to Dish Network's annual Manager's Meeting in Denver the week of September 10th - 14th. Only person from Georgia.

I'm taking a vacation day Friday September 7th and flying out to Denver on Dish's dime. I'll drive down to Cimarron to spend the weekend at my Cajun cousin's resort inn. Google "The Inn at Arrowhead". I'll drive back up to Denver Sunday evening. Looking forward to driving across a decent portion of Colorado with the Rockies all around me. Haven't done that before.

Thursday, September 13th, we're all going to Breckenridge. We had to select an activity from the following: Golf, jeep trail riding, horseback riding, and flyfishing. Hee hee hee.

Anybody know anything about flyfishing in Breckenridge, Co? Advice?

Oh, I'll also be out at my place from this coming Thursday evening through the Labor Day Weekend if anybody wants to come out. Taking a vacation day this Friday, too.
I dream of a better tomorrow in which chickens may cross roads with no fear their motive is in question.
Titaniumman
Green and Gold Thigh

Re: Breckenridge Colorado

Postby double haul » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:29 pm

I lived in Breck for a little while. Beautiful town with some great fishing. I'll pm you some info.
double haul
South Georgia Redbreast

Postby Titaniumman » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:08 am

double haul wrote:I lived in Breck for a little while. Beautiful town with some great fishing. I'll pm you some info.

Thanks for the info! I will try to post some good pictures.
I dream of a better tomorrow in which chickens may cross roads with no fear their motive is in question.
Titaniumman
Green and Gold Thigh

Postby dhatch » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:34 am

Sounds like a great opportunity. Good Luck!
"Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn."

~by Chuck Clark~
dhatch
Stumpknocker

Postby nokinrocks » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:20 am

Sounds like fun... Take some pictures.
"wind from the north, stay home, of courth." — Blackwater Bill

A guy on the train was reading a dictionary and saying the words out loud "...someplace....Somerset....Somesuch..." He must have been up to something.
nokinrocks
2 Pound Mountain Redeye

Postby goshawk » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:34 am

I climbed Mount Holy Cross (14,000 ft mountain)... but did not do any fishing, back in my youth of course :-)

Might try to swing by and say hello on Labor day. Heading to River bend, for the first part of the weekend.

Pat
Life is short, art long, opportunity fleeting, experience deceptive, judgement difficult. - Hippocrates.
goshawk
Stumpknocker

Return to Fly Fishing Forum