Tying Some Streamers

The long rod ain't just for trout, you know! Discuss chasing bass and bream on the fly right here!

Moderators: shoalieman, sumtershoaliefan

Tying Some Streamers

Postby nokinrocks » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:17 am

I will be heading to Montana in 6 weeks and I am making a point to hve a box full of large streamers. Here are the patterns I plan to tie

Sex Dungeon
Butt Monkey
Heifer Groomer
Meat Whistle
Peanut Envy
Wooly Bugger
Hairy Fodder

Most of these have single hook and articulated versions and I will tie both in multiple colors.

So far I have gotten a good start on the Peanut Envy and Heifer Groomer.

P1060255 by Nokinrocks, on Flickr

P1060244 by Nokinrocks, on Flickr

P1060241 by Nokinrocks, on Flickr
"wind from the north, stay home, of courth." — Blackwater Bill

A guy on the train was reading a dictionary and saying the words out loud "...someplace....Somerset....Somesuch..." He must have been up to something.
nokinrocks
2 Pound Mountain Redeye

Re: Tying Some Streamers

Postby Blackwater » Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:23 am

Cool loking set up. Looks like a production all right, can Blaze tie any flies yet?
"Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms." Josey Wales

"But hey Pappy, they integrated!'" Jr to Pappy O''Daniel
Blackwater
Green and Gold Thigh

Postby nokinrocks » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:36 am

Blackwater wrote:Cool loking set up. Looks like a production all right, can Blaze tie any flies yet?
Thanks, Blaze doesn't tie but he sometimes donates a little fur to the project.

A guy on the train was reading a dictionary and saying the words out loud "...someplace....Somerset....Somesuch..." He must have been up to something.
nokinrocks
2 Pound Mountain Redeye

Postby dhatch » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:13 pm

Your fly tying room looks great Alan! Great job on the flies too. Be sure and keep me posted with a trip report and some awesome pics. Good luck.
"Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn."

~by Chuck Clark~
dhatch
Stumpknocker

Postby nokinrocks » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:25 pm

dhatch wrote:Your fly tying room looks great Alan! Great job on the flies too. Be sure and keep me posted with a trip report and some awesome pics. Good luck.
Well it's a mess but thanks... The trip isn't until 9/27 so I have over a month... It is going to be hard not to test out a few of those streamers on some bass before I leave :)

nokinrocks
2 Pound Mountain Redeye

Postby nielson » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:21 am

That's one fishy-looking streamer!
Blaze looks a little sheepish -- like he just finished off a squirrel tail he managed to slip off your desk.
YPJ
nielson
Green and Gold Thigh

Postby Bamaspot » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:33 am

nielson wrote:That's one fishy-looking streamer!
Blaze looks a little sheepish -- like he just finished off a squirrel tail he managed to slip off your desk.
YPJ

:D
I noticed that look on his face too.
Cool setup.
Bamaspot
2 Pound Mountain Redeye

Postby nokinrocks » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:08 pm

YPJ

I sorted out some materials and laid them out on the floor, only to look down and find Blaze wallowing in the pile.

nokinrocks
2 Pound Mountain Redeye

Postby nokinrocks » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:11 pm

Bamaspot wrote:
YPJ

:D
I noticed that look on his face too.
Cool setup.

Thanks Bama...

nokinrocks
2 Pound Mountain Redeye

Postby dhatch » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:33 pm

I have a golden retriever that was involved in a pretty nasty accident a few years ago and had to stay indoors while he recovered. I came home one day to find a bucktail in the living room. This was strange because my tying room is across the house from the front door. As I walked toward the den (tying room), I saw a trail of tying materials. I reached the den to find most of my tying stuff all over the room. I cleaned everything up, but over the years I will start looking for something and come to the conclusion that it was a casualty of Doc's fly tying picnic. I still think that dog can read price tags, he ignored most of the materials that I have gathered myself and went straight for the stuff bought at the flyshop.
"Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn."

~by Chuck Clark~
dhatch
Stumpknocker

Postby nokinrocks » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:37 pm

dhatch wrote:I have a golden retriever that was involved in a pretty nasty accident a few years ago and had to stay indoors while he recovered. I came home one day to find a bucktail in the living room. This was strange because my tying room is across the house from the front door. As I walked toward the den (tying room), I saw a trail of tying materials. I reached the den to find most of my tying stuff all over the room. I cleaned everything up, but over the years I will start looking for something and come to the conclusion that it was a casualty of Doc's fly tying picnic. I still think that dog can read price tags, he ignored most of the materials that I have gathered myself and went straight for the stuff bought at the flyshop.

Funny.... I took Blaze into The Fish Hawk yesterday and I think he enjoyed it more than Pet Smart...

nokinrocks
2 Pound Mountain Redeye

Postby crawdadcraig » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:33 pm

Nicely organized set up! Mine looks like a bomb exploded in it and I don't have a dog to blame. Go get 'em out west!

PS - want a Shimmy Fish to try out?
crawdadcraig
Massive Etowah Striper

Postby nokinrocks » Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:37 pm

crawdadcraig wrote:Nicely organized set up! Mine looks like a bomb exploded in it and I don't have a dog to blame. Go get 'em out west!

PS - want a Shimmy Fish to try out?

LOL... A Shimmy Fish would be great, let me know what you need from me. You still have my address from the Hairy Fodder info you sent?

nokinrocks
2 Pound Mountain Redeye

Postby drycreek » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:40 pm

If I posted a picture of my room they would kick me off the forum. I just dumped it all in the floor and started over organizing and throwing stuff away. Someone tell me why I have 42 colors of dubbing. :? All I use is pink.
I will go fishing today. Redwing blackbirds do not sing on tombstones. wa
drycreek
Fried Jack Fish

Postby nokinrocks » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:39 pm

drycreek wrote:If I posted a picture of my room they would kick me off the forum. I just dumped it all in the floor and started over organizing and throwing stuff away. Someone tell me why I have 42 colors of dubbing. :? All I use is pink.

HaHaHa... now that's funny right there.

nokinrocks
2 Pound Mountain Redeye

Next

Return to Fly Fishing Forum