Biscuits Fit for The River

Come here to discuss fishing for all types of panfish and catfish. We also want to hear your favorite fish recipes too!

Moderators: sumtershoaliefan, kokosing lover

Biscuits Fit for The River

Postby Blackwater » Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:57 pm

I got up early before going fishing due to the same issue many fisherman experience, I couldn't sleep due to excitement, thinking about Old Ironjaw, lying under that log. I got dressed having learned from my daddy that certain clothes are luckier than others when hunting or fishing. My shirt is from Wal Mart and the only hawiaiian type that I have. Only time I ever wore it to the river I caught a 5-3 shoalie. I matched it with some long shorts for sun protection that came from Sportsman's Guide. I chose a hat from Akins Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Dodge, Plymouth, North Georgia's Largest Dealer because it matched in color. Never wore it to the river before. Turned out it jinxed the rest of the outfit that day. Pose courstesy of Shoal Bandit and Otis Goodman of Satilla River fame.

Since I had 45 extra minutes before leaving I decided to fix my breakfast instead of picking up something on the way. What comes first? Easy. Coffee. I have my custom Costa Rica coffee roasted and ground for me by Ken Lander, formerly of Monroe, who now operates a coffeee plantation. Ken is an attorney by education and was the best Board of Education Chariman a county ever had. Order some coffee from him.

Then I stuck two of Mary B's frozen biscuits and two strips of turkey bacon in the pre heated convection oven to cook 15 minutes at 350 degrees.

Next came the yard egg we buy from our neighbors. The egg would be scrambled and then loaded with grated extra sharp cheddar cheese. The egg would ultimately be the centerpiece of the biscuit fit for the river.

While staging the ingredients, I remembered the preserves. The dark is Wild Blackberry, not sold in stores, and the light is peach preserves with hunks of fresh Georgia peaches preserved in something sweet.

Soon the egg was done and had the real cheese grated by me on top of it, none of the processed stuff in our kitchen.

Now things are coming togeather, the biscuits browned and flaky, wild blackberry preserves on one side and peach preserves on the other.

Now to lade on the cheesy scrambled egg, and the crisp bacon. Uhmmmm!

Now stack this all up carefully.

Can't say much for the cat box liner of a newspaper from Atlanta, but the rest of this looks pretty tasty.

Now the kitchen is a wreck and I have to go. Hope you one day might get to enjoy a biscuit fit for the river.
Last edited by Blackwater on Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms." Josey Wales

"But hey Pappy, they integrated!'" Jr to Pappy O''Daniel
Blackwater
Green and Gold Thigh

Postby sumtershoaliefan » Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:03 pm

I thought I had a good biscuit yesterday from the gas station. Yours look better. Nice post Bill.

SSF
sumtershoaliefan
2007 GRF Angler Of The Year

Postby shoalieman » Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:52 pm

Daggum---that looks excellent!
Romans 13:11-13: Another reason for right living is this: you know how late it is; time is running out. Wake up, for the coming of the Lord is nearer now than when we first believed. The night is far gone, the day of his return will soon be here.
shoalieman
2005 & 2006 GRF Angler Of The Year

Postby waderjon » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:08 am

Dang....Now that's the way to start the day..Nice post BW..

How is that turkey bacon ? I need to get off the real stuff myself :)
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. ~Doug Larson
waderjon
Green and Gold Thigh

Postby Blackwater » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:40 am

Onece you start eating turkey bacon you don't miss the pork. Oscar Mayer is the brand we eat. Turkey has a lot less fat and when cooked crisp tastes fine, I cooked this in teh oven cause our microwave is on the blink, Supposed to get a new one Monday.

Blackwater
Green and Gold Thigh

Postby oldduckhunter » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:35 am

Great. Now I HAVE to stop at Hardee's on the way to work. It won't be as good as that, though...
Mad River Canoe
oldduckhunter
Dink

Postby oosik » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:03 am

Now thats how to start the day, looks good BW. I started using the turkey bacon about a year ago, now I dont even notice the difference, but you do need to cook it crisp. Also like the ground turkey in tacos and such. If you ever decide to start a new career may I suggest short order cook with riverside delivery service!!!
Rangers lead the way!!!
oosik
Stumpknocker

Postby oosik » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:04 am

Or maybe the next food network star, be like having a SE version of Justin Wilson :lol:
Rangers lead the way!!!
oosik
Stumpknocker

Postby Blackwater » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:44 am

I have got a lot of good recipes, and like to cook on the riverbank or tailgate of my truck most anywhere.

Blackwater
Green and Gold Thigh

Return to Bream Fishin', Catfishin', and Cookin' Em Up!