Where to go catfishing?

Come here to discuss fishing for all types of panfish and catfish. We also want to hear your favorite fish recipes too!

Moderators: sumtershoaliefan, kokosing lover

Where to go catfishing?

Postby Canoob » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:34 am

I'm in a kayak so I want to stay in smaller bodies of water. Is it possible to catch catfish in numbers below Morgan Falls Dam without going too far down?

Any input is appreciated!
Canoob
Pollywog

Postby Windknot » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:28 pm

Before GA Power started using telephone recordings to give power generation schedules, a call to Morgan Falls went to a supervisor there at the dam, a Mr. Pitts.

Mr. Pitts liked to fish, and he loved to eat catfish. Every report of hiis started off with "a guy got some NICE cats yesterday!"

Those were usually shore-bound anglers. I don't know what species of cats (I assume channel cats, but there may be others.) That water may, at times, hold cats, LM bass, shoal bass, trout, bream and stripers. If you use live bream as bait, you just never know what'll hit it. :shock:
Don
Windknot
Dink

Postby Canoob » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:36 am

Haha must be quite the character.

I floated Morgan Falls to Johnson ferry, at a glimpse I swear I saw a catfish. Not sure though, it was hanging on the surface and I'm told cats dont do that lol
Canoob
Pollywog

Return to Bream Fishin', Catfishin', and Cookin' Em Up!