New Members, Introduce Yourselves!!

A forum devoted to new member introductions and welcomes!

Moderator: sumtershoaliefan

Postby graydog » Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:40 am

Joined yesterday. I'm an old school catch and release plug puller addicted to light spinning and moving water. I've just recently drunk
the "Yak" kool-aid. I'm also making a little more time to get serious about fishing. Looking forward to meeting like minded river hounds.
From what I've seen so far, it looks like I may have wandered into
the right place!

graydog
graydog
Fried Jack Fish

Postby waderjon » Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:42 am

Welcome graydog...You are deffinetly in the right place..
Great bunch of helpful freindly folks around here.
Have fun...
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. ~Doug Larson
waderjon
Green and Gold Thigh

Postby Joe/GA » Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:19 pm

OK, I'm new! Well, maybe not that new. It's been a while since I've seen my 39th birthday! :lol:
I've been yakfishing for 15 months now. I've been fishing most of my life and own an 18 foot center console. However, I think my center console is feeling sad! My yak is a Hobie Adventurer and I love it!
I mostly hang out at jaxkayakfishing, but also stop at georgiakayakfishing. Hmmm....I tried to post the links, but I have to have 2 posts before I can do that. OK, this is number 2!
I've yakfished more away from home than at home and I need to correct that situation. It's so easy to go to Jacksonville and find folks to show you around that I did a lot of that. if any of you come down for the Experience Coastal Georgia event, I may get to meet some of y'all. Perhaps we can fish some, too! :D
Joe/GA
Pollywog

Postby sumtershoaliefan » Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:36 pm

Welcome Joe.

SSF
sumtershoaliefan
2007 GRF Angler Of The Year

Postby jerseycat9 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:35 am

Welcome to GRF Joe good info great folks :D
O Lord help me to catch a fish so big that I may never have to lie again
jerseycat9
Dink

Postby Joe/GA » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:44 pm

Thanks guys!
Joe/GA
Pollywog

Postby jeffk14 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:20 pm

New to yaks. Long story short; Couple of months ago, went down South River from Hwy 20 to Snapping Shoals in a 2-man plastic "bass-tracker" type boat with trolling motor (we were not fishing, just sightseeing). Wound up dragging more than riding. Kept thinking "wonder how wunna them kayaks would do on this run?" 2 weeks later, went to N. GA & rented yaks to try them out. Now I've got 4. Only 1 is really good for fishing though (OK Caper Angler). Grew up in middle GA. Mostly just did pond fishing and stuff with crickets, worms, chicken livers, etc. Never did much "fancy fishin'". At 46, want to learn all I can cause it looks like fun & it's an excuse to get the kayaks out.
jeffk14
Turtle on a Log

Postby waderjon » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:28 pm

Welcome aboard jeffk....Glad to see another Mcdonough resident
join up....
Have fun...
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. ~Doug Larson
waderjon
Green and Gold Thigh

Postby jeffk14 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:40 pm

Thanks waderjon. Like I said, I don't know much about fancy species-specific fishing with artificial bait and stuff. Need to learn about it. I really like getting out on the water though and the paddling around is good exercise. Put in just below Snapping Shoals on the 15th with my son & some other folks & paddled down to Hwy 36. It was after the big rains & we got swept along pretty good. Didn't fish though. I've been looking through my new book "A Canoeing and Kayaking Guide to Georgia" for places to go. I think the fishing part will just add another element of enjoyment to the kayaking trips. Whereabouts are you at in McDonough? I'm in the Ola area.
jeffk14
Turtle on a Log

Postby waderjon » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:46 pm

Check your PM...
waderjon
Green and Gold Thigh

Postby Rather B. Fishin' » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:55 pm

Welcome aboard Jeffk14. If you already know or want to learn to river fish, this is the place to be. More knowledge about put-ins, take-outs, tips, and techniques than you can shake a stick at (unless its an Ugly Stik).
Go BIG or go home!
Rather B. Fishin'
2 Pound Mountain Redeye

New to the board

Postby Jim Smith » Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:25 am

I'd like to introduce myself to the other members of GRF. My name is Jim Smith, I'm 57 years old and I live in Conyers Georgia. I've been fishing almost all my life, mainly warmwater for bass and bream. I usually fly fish, however I also spin fish when the fish go deep or are in heavy cover. I primarily fish in lakes with the exception of trips to the Hooch or the Georgia mountains for trout. I am fortunate enough to live on a lovely 50 acre lake that is loaded with bass and bream. My Hobie Outback kayak is my preferred fishing boat as it keeps my hands free for fishing and it is super quiet.

The South River is about 100 yards behind my house and I have been tempted to wade it a bit to chase shoal bass with my fly rod. I'd love to learn more about river fishing and will be asking lots of questions on the boards.

Thanks

Jim Smith
Jim Smith
Jim Smith
Pollywog

N00B on the site..

Postby nlights » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:06 pm

Whats happenin' fellas

I am Georgia boy born and raised. I went to the UGA and got parolled in Janruary of 99. I immediately moved to Montana for 2 years and then from there to Colorado for the the last 8 years.

I have become a very avid fly fisherman and get out every chance that i can. I travel as much as possible to catch many different types of quarry with the long rod.

I enjoy the saltwater, warmwater for Carp, Bass, as well as Cold water resivors in Colorado for Pike. I mostly target trout at this time due to the close proximity of the blue ribbon fishery rivers near my house.

i look forward to meeting and swaping lies and beers with some of you in the future.

Lata,
Nlights
nlights
Pollywog

new guy

Postby biggerfloyd » Tue Dec 25, 2007 9:59 pm

love fishing and hunting have learned alot from this site new to river fishing me and son bigfloyd have fished the rivers together since early summer enjoy fly fishing poping bug my fav hope to join you on the 1st if wife permits see you on the river
take a dad fishing
biggerfloyd
Fried Jack Fish

Postby bigfloyd » Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:09 pm

Welcome old man (biggerfloyd). Glad to see you finally joined us.
bigfloyd
Massive Etowah Striper

PreviousNext

Return to New Members: Introduce Yourselves!