New Members, Introduce Yourselves!!

A forum devoted to new member introductions and welcomes!

Moderator: sumtershoaliefan

Postby stingrae » Sat May 05, 2007 1:57 pm

I have been lurking on this board for years now and have never really had anything to contribute due to a lack of fishing. Trying to get back into again and am starting with a trip tomorrow with the General... Todd and I have been friends since our college years and I am really looking forward to getting out there with him for our Flint trip.

Look forward to meeting some of ya'll soon, great group of guys around here.

Evan
stingrae
Pollywog

Postby Hoth2o » Sun May 13, 2007 6:12 pm

Hello I was steered here by JohnYaksJax from another forum. He said you guys were great and that I could find out all about fishing in my neck of the woods here. (P.S. I stole John's intro and changed it for me.)

Rob

Marital Status: Married
Children: one boy two girls
Hobbies: Kayak Fishing, computers
Years fishing: All my life but really got back into it this year.
Years kayakfishing: about 60 days whooooohoooo!
Kayak: Hobie Revo
Canoe: Old Town 175 discovery
Target Species:
Freshwater: mostly it's been Bream and Bass
Saltwater: just caught my first Trout and Redfish Mostly I've been pier fishing and crabbing.

Joined GRF: To learn more about freshwater fishing in the rivers and streams of GA since that's where I live.
"Ego is the troll that lives under the bridge between your heart and mind."
Hoth2o
Fried Jack Fish

Postby Fishing Fanatic » Sun May 13, 2007 6:20 pm

Welcome to GRF. You'll meet some great folks on here. Enjoy! :lol:
Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers. ~Herbert Hoover
Fishing Fanatic
2 Pound Mountain Redeye

Postby MJPRICE » Mon May 14, 2007 10:43 am

Just logged on here from TRF. Been fishing all my life. Just bought a new Tarpon 120, and got to break it in this weekend. Fish Cherokee "lake" 3-5 time a week for stripers. Love to float the river though. Not married yet, but will be Sept 29th. No kids "again yet" Open for any float trips within a days drive...
MJPRICE
Fried Jack Fish

Postby sumtershoaliefan » Mon May 14, 2007 4:18 pm

Welcome to the board MJ.

SSF
sumtershoaliefan
2007 GRF Angler Of The Year

Postby BasserDrew » Mon May 14, 2007 4:28 pm

Welcome MJ, look forward to meeting you on the French Broad in a few weeks!
BasserDrew
Green and Gold Thigh

Postby poppop » Fri May 18, 2007 7:37 pm

Been lurking a long time,decided to jine' up! My Dad grew up on the Ocmulgee at Juliette ( actually lived in the old bridge's toll keepers house.),as well as both Monroe and Jones Co. sides. He knew every hole over there,behind and below the dam. I wish I had payed closer attention,but he taught me a lot.
I now got both knee replaced ( one of 'em twice ) and can't do much but enjoy you guys posts and pictures.
Poppop
poppop
Pollywog

Postby sumtershoaliefan » Fri May 18, 2007 9:32 pm

Welcome to the board Popup.

SSF
sumtershoaliefan
2007 GRF Angler Of The Year

Postby Big Papi » Tue May 22, 2007 12:39 am

Like many other first timers I've been reading this board for a while and finally decided to dive in. I fish quite often with another new GRF'r, Bad Bass, we both fish out of Dave Scadden Cardiac Canyon pontoons. Usually we can be found testing the waters of the upper Hooch. When there's nothing going on with the wife or kids I'm trying to find somewhere to wet a line. Hope to see some of you guys on the water...
Big Papi
South Georgia Redbreast

Newbie here...

Postby backwater » Tue May 22, 2007 10:35 am

...just joined, first post, etc. I've been reading the articles and using the links for a year or so, but haven't even lurked on the boards. I fish every weekend, but mostly ponds and small lakes for LMB. My wife is also an avid fisherman, and we have a 12-foot jon boat we've dubbed "the Watermelon." (Yeah, there's a story with that, too.) Looking forward to meeting you, learning from you, and maybe getting to fish with you.

Roger
Never argue with an idiot; he'll just drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
backwater
Pollywog

Postby swamp rat » Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:53 pm

As others have said, I've been lurking and decided to join the fun.
I was very happy to discover this site that is dedicated to river fishing. I introduced myself to river fishing on the Canoochee near Savannah. Since that time, no other form of fishing has held my attention in the same way.
Look forward to wetting a line with some of you in the near future.
Jesus said to go fish. He never said anything about raking leaves, painting the house, cleaning the gutters, taking out the trash, picking up the dry cleaning, changing the oil or walking the dog.
Matthew 4:19
swamp rat
Dink

Postby Hooked up » Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:53 pm

Welcome aboard swamp rat!! I think you'll enjoy the info and fellowship here. The pictures area darn good too.
Hooked up
Ole Mossyback

Postby MetroFishing » Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:25 pm

I just joined today. I have been reading the posts for several weeks off and on and decided to join. I do a lot of tournament fishing for crappie. I recently bought a canoe to add to my list of toys and I can’t wait to use it. Anyway, I look forward to getting on the river for a few fishing trips.
Alan
MetroFishing Adventures[/quote]
MetroFishing
Pollywog

Postby GodFather of Shoal » Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:57 pm

Welcome MetroFishing
GodFather of Shoal
GodFather of Shoal
South Georgia Redbreast

new to grf

Postby rvrrt169 » Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:05 am

I just joined today. I've read the forum for about a year. I fish a river in GA for shoal bass and I have fished the Nolichucky River in TN and the Little Tennessee in N.C. for Smallmouth. My dad doesn't live far from Columbia S.C., and after he has knee surgery I'm looking forward to fishing the Broad River. I think this group has the ability to do some good for the rivers in this state and the others around it. I just felt like it was time to join and I'm proud to be apart of it.
rvrrt169
Pollywog

PreviousNext

Return to New Members: Introduce Yourselves!