New Members, Introduce Yourselves!!

A forum devoted to new member introductions and welcomes!

Moderator: sumtershoaliefan

Postby GodFather of Shoal » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:02 pm

Welcome aboard Downriver and Fish Whisperer.
GodFather of Shoal
GodFather of Shoal
South Georgia Redbreast

Postby waderjon » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:11 pm

Well well well...Fish whisperer finally speaks up..
Welcome aboard there buddy..You need to get that yak and
get on the river with us...Post your questions and get some
opinions f rom these guys...They know what they are talking about...
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. ~Doug Larson
waderjon
Green and Gold Thigh

Postby Fish Whisperer » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:50 am

Thanks Jon! I have already gotten some pretty good advice. Now just got to get that yak and start putting it all too use. If this crazy weather will cooperate hopefully we can get a trip in soon!
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day"
Fish Whisperer
Needle Nose Gar

Postby Down River » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:39 pm

Im ready boys lets geter done!!!!

DR
Down River
Dink

Hey

Postby SHOALBROTHER2 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:56 am

Hello my name is Chris i am new to GRF. My buddies and me are frequenty river fishers. Weather it is a few bass or a couple of cold ones. We are always ready for a weekend on the river. I look forward to meeting some of ya'll.
Early to bed, Early to rise, Fish like hell, and Make up lies.
SHOALBROTHER2
Pollywog

Postby celticfisherman » Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:37 am

I am new here and just wanted to introduce myself. River fishing south of the mountains is new to me. I have spent my life chasing reds, sea trout, and largemouth just to name a few. I love to fish but the cost of gas is driving me to more economical power that doesn't come from Saudi. Maybe Chic Fil A but not saudi. Look forward to meeting you guys and learning. :D
celticfisherman
Green and Gold Thigh

Postby Fish Whisperer » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:29 am

Tell you what, Celticfisherman, It doesnt get much more economical than paddling yourself down the river! Its quiet too which is a plus in my book. Hopefully this price of gas will get all sorted out soon.

We may all have to get a bus and start making group trips just to split the cost of gas!
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day"
Fish Whisperer
Needle Nose Gar

Postby BasserDrew » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:51 am

Welcome aboard fish whisperer, shoalbrother and celticfisherman!
BasserDrew
Green and Gold Thigh

Postby Mcflyrod » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:36 am

Hi. I'm new to the site, but I've been scouring over it for a couple of days now. I became hooked on fly-fishing about 6 or 7 years ago, and have primarlily gone after trout in the chattahoochee and mountain streams of north georgia. As fun as that is, any good trout waters in Georgia get relentless pressure. My favorite way to fish is in my WS tarpon 120. You can imagine finding all these great floatable rivers nearby, and finding you've got the perfect boat to float them in is a great feeling!
Mcflyrod
Pollywog

Postby nielson » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:35 pm

Welcome, Mcflyrod. Hope to see you soon on the river. If you can make it, join us on the Flint the weekend of April 5th. Jim
nielson
Green and Gold Thigh

Postby ehyac » Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:48 pm

Hi,

I’m new to GRF and I come from slightly north of Georgia…Connecticut to be exact. I was introduced to this site by my son and I’m certainly glad that he showed it to me. I am amazed at the quality of the bass (especially the shoalies) in your rivers. It’s great to see groups of people sharing info about the fish that you have caught. Since I am in the market for a kayak, I found your site very helpful in narrowing my search for a river yak. I truly appreciate the info.

Last week, I was fortunate enough to partake in southern fishing for the first time in my life and really enjoyed the experience. Perhaps I’ll get to meet some of you over the next couple of years during a float down the Flint.

Take care and most of all “Tight lines”…ehyac
ehyac
Needle Nose Gar

Postby GodFather of Shoal » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:29 am

Welcome to GRF ehyac.
GodFather of Shoal
GodFather of Shoal
South Georgia Redbreast

Postby bayman » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:38 am

My name is John and I moved from the Eastern Shore of Maryland to Atlanta at the end of September 2007. I have jumped in with both feet to kayak fishing and love it! This fishing down here is completely different so I am up for any help anyone can offer! I love light tackle and fish for anything! I really enjoy saltwater and have just started to learn this freshwater fishing. I did a little freshwater back in MD but it was just ponds. I have fished on the Shenandoah River which was a blast!

boat - 13' Hobie
occupation - construction
hobbies - kayaking, fishing, golf, hunting and tennis
location - Duluth but moving to Loganville area by Thanksgiving hopefully
Married with one daughter 1yr and 2mos., 3 cats

I hope to be able to meet a bunch of you all on a float sometime.
bayman
Needle Nose Gar

Postby BassAssassin » Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:25 pm

I am the BassAssassin, friend of Fishing Machine. We go to school ad play ball togeaher. Now we are gong fishing with Blackwater. Watch for me to post some good ones when the water gets down.
BassAssassin
Pollywog

Postby SP Gone Fishin » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:43 pm

Robert - moved here with work and desperately missing the smallmouth waters on the New River. Looks like Shoal Bass fishing is almost identical, less the chance of a huge Muskee hitting your fish if you fight em into flat water.
SP Gone Fishin
Pollywog

PreviousNext

Return to New Members: Introduce Yourselves!