New Members, Introduce Yourselves!!

A forum devoted to new member introductions and welcomes!

Moderator: sumtershoaliefan

Howdy, glad to be here

Postby SHIMCAL » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:26 am

Hello to all.
I currently live in Fayetteville SW side of ATL. Spent most of my life in Fl to include growing up in the Tampa Bay area. Moved to Ga two yrs ago from Palm Beach Co. Fl were I retired from the Sheriffs office. I am currently a Security Director for a local mall. I fished a ton of rivers in Fl but have only been on the Hooch once. I have been Kayak fishing for the past 4 yrs to include offshore, flats, and freshwater, but fising all my life. Also fished in the SKA division 10 with team Bandit which just won the national championship last yr. I am very married (happy) with two kids of my own and four for my wife (none at home). 46 yrs old, 4 cats, one lab, and a very fast Miata. Boats owned Wilderness system Tarpon 120, Mainstream Patriot, and a Stratos 186 bass boat. Hobbies include four wheelin (own four atv's), fishing, photography, xbox gaming, and spending time with the wife and kids.
Lead, follow, or get out of the way and lets GITT R DUNN

Hookem up, Darin
SHIMCAL
Turtle on a Log

Re: New Members, Introduce Yourselves!!

Postby RIVER FISHERMAN » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:38 pm

HELLO

I'M NEW TO THIS SITE I JOINED THIS WEEK. I FISH ON THE CHATTOOGA AT TRION FOR REDEYES, LG MOUTH ABOVE THE GOLF COURSE. IT'S MORE LIKE A LAKE BECAUSE I'M ABOVE DAM AT MILL. LAST FALL I DID PRETTY GOOD ,SUMMER O K
THIS FALL I CATCH 1-2 IN 10-12" SIZE. BUT LATLY HAVE NOT DONE VERY GOOD, BUT LOVE TO TRY ANYWAY. I FISH 3 DAYS A WEEK IF IT GETS TO 50. I WANT TO SEE IF ANYBODY KNOWS OF A RIVER OR LG CREEK I HAVE 14 ALUM BOAT. I USE SMALL TROLLEING MOTOR. IF ANY BODY WOULD HELP ME WITH A STREAM I WOULD APPRECATE IT

THANKS River Fisherman
RIVER FISHERMAN
Stumpknocker

Postby kayak kid » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:45 am

Hello,I'm 63y/o,live in Tallahassee,but grew up in Macon.Just bought a 135 Ride and a Jackson,both rigged for fishing.I am a retired doc,and up for river/creek fishing from Macon on down.Have private access to flint between Blackshear dam and 32.Altho I am old,I am very immature for my age,and am up for most anything,as soon as I get some experience with these vessels.
kayak kid
Fried Jack Fish

Postby camoyak » Tue May 14, 2013 12:39 pm

Thanks for allowing me a membership. I'm Michael from Haralson County on the west side of the state. I fish the Tallapoosa river. I've got a couple kayaks that I beat around in. It's good to see so many others here that enjoy the same thing.
camoyak
Pollywog

Postby BadRx » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:13 am

This is BadRx, who loves floating in my little plastic boat!
BadRx
Pollywog

Postby SSCC24 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:55 pm

New to the board here. Happy to find a place to read, learn from, and chat with fellow Shoalie enthusiasts. I live in Atlanta and fish primarily on the Hooch from Cochran Shoals down to Paces Ferry. I float more than I kayak, but in the winter I fish from my kayak mostly. I am hopeful to meet some fellow fisherman who live in ATL area and hopefully bag some shoalies.
SSCC24
Pollywog

Postby shaneparker » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:48 pm

Hello
I am new to Georgia and live in Perry. I used to live in Huntsville, Alabama. I love fishing river and creeks. In Huntsville there is a river that has smallmouth bass. I would float it about every week during spring and summer. I am looking for a similar place near Perry. I am looking forward to catching a Shoal bass. I have never caught one. Any help I would appreciate. I have a kayak and my main target will be large, smallmouth and shoal bass.
Shane
shaneparker
Pollywog

Previous

Return to New Members: Introduce Yourselves!