New Members, Introduce Yourselves!!

A forum devoted to new member introductions and welcomes!

Moderator: sumtershoaliefan

New Members, Introduce Yourselves!!

Postby Creekstalker » Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:06 am

If you are new to GRF, introduce yourself here!

Creekstalker
Last edited by Creekstalker on Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Creekstalker
Site Admin

Postby Shoalie-Wan Kenobi » Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:34 pm

May the Force be with you, always.
Shoalie-Wan Kenobi
Pollywog

Postby GodFather of Shoal » Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:38 pm

Hello
First off i want to say I am glad to be a part of GRF. I am a good friend of shoalieseeker. I work with him at night and for some time now he has talked highly of this site and the members on it. He has talked about the fishing trips showed me many many pics from his floats. I dont think a night goes by that fishing does not come up one time or another. I will hopefully be purchasing my own yak in the near future and look forward to doing some floats with yall. I will be joining the tourny and will hopefully be doing alot of fishing this year. Up until the past year it had been along time since I had been fishing. I went with ss a few times last year and he taught me alot of things i did not know and now i have got the fever again. Cant wait till the river goes down, looking forward to learing some new things from all.
Later,
GodFather of Shoal
GodFather of Shoal
South Georgia Redbreast

Postby sumtershoaliefan » Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:12 pm

Welcome GFS. I too am a friend of Charlie's and we fish a lot together. Maybe the 3 of us can do a float sometime.

SSF
sumtershoaliefan
2007 GRF Angler Of The Year

Postby GodFather of Shoal » Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:42 am

Sounds great ssf.Charlies told me alot about yalls floats. Looking forward to it.

GFS
GodFather of Shoal
South Georgia Redbreast

Postby Larry McDavid SWVA » Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:26 am

Well, I live in South West VA, just barely across the North East TN border. I fish the rivers of NE TN & SW VA. I target smallmouth bass exclusively, rarely ever fish lakes, usually fish around 100 days each year, fish year round and am nearing a four year stretch with at least one smallie caught each month of the year.

I have fished with basserdrew & SmallieSam from this site, both fine gentlemen and excellent fishing companions, BTW. I hope to fish with more members in the future and maybe catch a shoal bass one of these days.
Larry McDavid SWVA
Needle Nose Gar

Postby sumtershoaliefan » Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:33 am

Welcome Larry. I think any of us here would jump at the chance to put you on some shoal bass.

SSF
sumtershoaliefan
2007 GRF Angler Of The Year

Postby FishingAddict » Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:24 am

Why should he travel for shoalies if he has smallies?

Man, Im in a passive aggresive mood today :lol:
I don't give a darn about any man who can only spell a word one way.

Mark Twain
FishingAddict
Green and Gold Thigh

Postby Bruiser » Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:53 pm

For another notch on the belt! :lol:
Bruiser
2 Pound Mountain Redeye

Postby Fishwidme » Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:48 pm

Hey all. I've been ghosting here a while, but hadn't posted yet. Used to canoe and fish the Flint on the upper end a lot. New to the kayak thing, but am jumping in with both feet. Hoping to meet some guys here from the Augusta area. Want to fish the canal and Savannah River, possibly deep step this spring. Also thought about Coleman's Lake, anyone ever go there? Met River Pirate last night at the Atlanta Kayak meeting and hope to meet more of you in the near future.
Fishwidme
Pollywog

Postby BasserDrew » Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:54 pm

FWme, we should be able to hook up some time this year. Augusta is less than an hour from me. I am in Greenwood, SC. You should join me some time over here in SC as well. Some great untouched water over here.

That is one big avatar you got there! I am sure you'll figure out how to make it smaller. If it is hosted on photobucket just go to edit. If not, edit it down before making it your avatar. Good luck!

Oh yea, Welcome to the site!
BasserDrew
Green and Gold Thigh

Postby Bruiser » Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:39 pm

Welcome Fishwidme! I am also from Augusta. I am currently in my last semester of school in Macon, but I am in Augusta a lot. I am familiar with the Savannah and hope to fish new areas in and around Augusta this year. Let me know when you want to get on the water.
Bruiser
2 Pound Mountain Redeye

Postby JohnYaksJax » Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:02 am

OK..I'll play the game, but first wanted to say that I have met some great people in here already and received many good PMs about how to catch my first ever Shoalie!!!
JohnYaksJax

Marital Status: SINGLE since 10/84 and a "confirmed bachelor"
Children: One daughter and now two grandkids who live in Fayetteville,GA
Hobbies: Kayak Fishing, Tennis, and Bicycling
Years fishing: All my life...55+...thanks Dad and Mom!!
Years kayakfishing: 3 and over 300 trips in the last 3 yrs
Kayak: Wilderness Systems Tarpon 120
Target Species:
Freshwater: Shoal bass and spotted bass (DONE!! - thanks to RiverPirate and FishingFanatic!!) (I got my 1st Striper Labor Day, 2006!!)
Saltwater: Tarpon, cobia and kingfish (Have all the normal fish, and I got a 22" snook in a canoe, a 3' barracuda, and small gag grouper and mangrove snapper this fall.)

Joined GRF: To learn more about freshwater fishing in the rivers and streams of GA and to catch a Shoalie....my "Holy Grail" this Spring!!
Last edited by JohnYaksJax on Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
JohnYaksJax
Green and Gold Thigh

Postby Fishing Fanatic » Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:38 am

Welcome JYJ !

I hope you enjoy your river trips this year in search of some shoalies...

CAUTION - - Its habit forming. :wink:
Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers. ~Herbert Hoover
Fishing Fanatic
2 Pound Mountain Redeye

New Member Introductions

Postby bob4 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:39 pm

This should cover the last 30 years or so: I spent a year in San Diego, 10 years on Florida's Gulf Coast (Sarasota & Punta Gorda), & 20 years in Virginia. Before that are too many moves to recount.

Had a downriver canoe in Virginia for the upper Potomac and the Shenandoah Smallmouths and a bass boat for the tidal Potomac and lakes. The canoe was awful for Florida's flats and the winds so I rented kayaks or used my old bass boat. I now have a 21' salt water Bay boat type with a CC , a T top & a tunel hull for shallow water and rigged with a bow mounted trolling motor so it can be used for lake bass fishing. I just bought a small kayak, Emotion Mojo Angler 13' for rivers, small ponds and salt water flats. I accidently came across Fishing Creek Outfitters in Milledgeville a week ago when I was searching for fishing spots on the Oconnee river just below the dam. They had a sign out it was customer appreciation day hanging on a rack of kayaks. They had one fishing yak left and were selling it at their cost that day only. I grabbed it.

I love exploring rivers and creeks and have fished or duck hunted in many locations over the years. However when I moved to Florida the only ducks that visited were sea ducks that taste like ****. So I gave all of my hunting stuff to my Virginia partners who made good use of it all after I left Virginia and moved to Florida.

We now live in Tyrone Georgia near our 2 boys and their families. Our daughters family lives on the Merrimac river in Massachusetts north of Boston. We only go there when it is warm and the stripers are running!

The boys love golf and personal watercraft boating/skiing but not hunting nor fishing. I may have some luck with one grandson who attends UGA now that we live nearby.

I look forward to meeting everyone as time and opportunities go by. For this early cold weather season I am seeking fishing opportunities for fresh water trout, salt water shad spawning runs and strippers that follow them up the rivers. I have been told that March is the start of good fishing here.

Tight lines,
Bob
bob4
South Georgia Redbreast

Next

Return to New Members: Introduce Yourselves!