New to Thomaston and River fishing!

A forum devoted to new member introductions and welcomes!

Moderator: sumtershoaliefan

New to Thomaston and River fishing!

Postby theonecalledjay » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:28 pm

Whats up guys? I moved to Georgia about two years ago and miss sportmans paradise. 24 and work of a pipeline company. I am used to fishing bass on Toledo Bend in Louisiana. I grew up on Vernon Lake. I miss the fishing especially and I am eager to meet some new friends to go fishing with. All week I have been reading about fishing the Flint. Trying to learn the fish and were they like to swim. River fishing is very new to me and I have no idea where to begin. I was thinking about bringing my pole to Sprewell Bluff and just giving it a shot and getting a feel for the river. The Flint is apparently a hidden gem with Blue Holes. Sounds pretty cool no doubt. Give me a shout and help me learn how to fish this great state.
theonecalledjay
Pollywog

Re: New to Thomaston and River fishing!

Postby Blackwater » Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:53 am

Welcome friend.
"Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms." Josey Wales

"But hey Pappy, they integrated!'" Jr to Pappy O''Daniel
Blackwater
Green and Gold Thigh

Re: New to Thomaston and River fishing!

Postby Rwmullis79 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:54 pm

I'm not too far from you over here in Griffin. Definitely some good spots at Sprewell Bluff. Take the hiking trail down to the river if the main area gets to busy with swimmers. If you want even more fun you can kayak the stretch from Sprewell to the HWY 36 bridge. There's an outfitter at the bridge that rents kayaks and has a shuttle. We just bought some kayaks not too long ago and that's our favorite float. About 3 hours if you're taking it slow and not fishing much. You can make it an all day float if you stop at the different shoals to fish. Lots of fun, and easy.

I haven't been fishing for shoalies long, but I had a lot of luck the other week with a 5" pumpkinseed senko, weightless Texas rigged. My kid caught one just goofing off like a normal 10 year old just dipping the senko over the side of the kayak.
Rwmullis79
Pollywog

Return to New Members: Introduce Yourselves!