New to the Board and New to Georgia!!!

A forum devoted to new member introductions and welcomes!

Moderator: sumtershoaliefan

New to the Board and New to Georgia!!!

Postby Brahzilla » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:23 am

Hey Everyone,

My wife and I just moved to Athens from Northeast Pennsylvania. We are pretty excited about the move and the fishing. We are coming from boating and fishing on Middle strech of the Delaware River in the Delaware Water Gap Nation Park. We spent our summer chasing Smallies, Stripers and Cats in our little jet boat as well as the spring shad run.

http://i.imgur.com/RLsTOMY.jpg

We are itching to get out on some water and fish the hybrid run, is The Oconee River our best bet? I read we can put in about 10miles south of the Barnett Shoals Dam and jet up there? Any tips on good rivers where we can get our jet boat wet and get after some fish would be much appreciated! Thanks!

-Brahzilla
Brahzilla
Pollywog

Re: New to the Board and New to Georgia!!!

Postby tlip89 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:13 pm

Brahzilla,

You've definitely got the right idea with the Barnett Shoals Dam! A buddy and I wore out some hybrids just below the dam casting against the rock wall with rattletraps and crankbaits in early April of last year. I've never been in a jet boat so I'm not familiar with it's capabilities, but another river that I loved to fish when I lived in Athens was the Chattooga River just an hour and a half north of you. Great trout fishery fall-early summer, and in the dead heat of July and August produces some great redeye bass fishing. Best of luck and enjoy Athens! It's an incredible town.
tlip89
Pollywog

Re: New to the Board and New to Georgia!!!

Postby Brahzilla » Wed May 25, 2016 11:40 am

Thanks for the tip! I know the hybrids are probably back in the lake but I think im gonna head up there next weekend...try to get all the way to the damn. My boat only needs about 8-10in of water to get going and about 6in on plane. Hopefully I can make it up there.
Brahzilla
Pollywog

Return to New Members: Introduce Yourselves!