New to Georgia River Fishin'

A forum devoted to new member introductions and welcomes!

Moderator: sumtershoaliefan

New to Georgia River Fishin'

Postby Riverwalker » Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:46 pm

I'm glad i found this site and am looking forward to learning about the local creeks and rivers. I'm a bass-man who grew up fishing the rocky rivers and creeks of southern Missouri. I'm fully addicted to smallmouth bass and i've heard the shoal bass is similar. I moved here for work, so i don't have any fishing connections yet. Hopefully enrolling on here will fix that. I'd like to find someone who's needing a fishing buddy to go wading for bass. I'm eager to find some good rivers/access points that are good for wading. I like to cover a lot of water so spots without long, deep (impassable) pools would be ideal. If anyone has any suggestions, i'd greatly appreciate it. Also, i'm up in the Roswell/Alpharetta area but am more than willing to drive as far as i need to. Thanks in advance for any tips and or invitations!
Riverwalker
Pollywog

Re: New to Georgia River Fishin'

Postby Blackwater » Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:32 pm

Welcome. You should be able to find some help living near Roswell/Alpharhetta. Foor wading up in that area, portions of the Chattahoochee qualify, Chestatee is another option when water is down.
"Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms." Josey Wales

"But hey Pappy, they integrated!'" Jr to Pappy O''Daniel
Blackwater
Green and Gold Thigh

Postby Riverwalker » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:06 am

Thank you sir!

How far down the hooch do i need to go to get in to the bassy water? I've been told the part of the river near me is all trout.
Also, could you give me an access point on the Chestatee to try? Much appreciated!!
Riverwalker
Pollywog

Postby Blackwater » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:45 am

Bass are in the hooch way up above Lanier past Cornelia, look at the Cornelia gauge and when it is below 1.0 wading can be excellent up there. The cold water below Lanier dam is what makes the roswell area a trout fishery but there are bass all through there too. Plus the state releases a lot of trout between Duluth and Roswell. As far as Chestatee goes I can't help you there but it is a short flow so you should be able to figure it out with a little scouting.
"Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms." Josey Wales

"But hey Pappy, they integrated!'" Jr to Pappy O''Daniel
Blackwater
Green and Gold Thigh

Return to New Members: Introduce Yourselves!