New guy

A forum devoted to new member introductions and welcomes!

Moderator: sumtershoaliefan

New guy

Postby 94Snake » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:24 pm

New to the forums, not the area, I live in Lakeland (near Valdosta), basically just seeing if I could learn how to fish these south GA waters. I'm military and have been stationed here for almost 13 years (long time, I know). I grew up fishing in WV, the streams and rivers there run clear with sandstone bottoms, I could pull rock bass and smallmouth for days out of there. I just can't figure these waters out (or they're just so over fished there isn't anything left). I take my wife and kids out, they enjoy it, but again fishing is slow. My family and I mostly practice catch and release, we haven't yet kept any fish but we've thought about attempting a fish fry at some point. So my stomping grounds are Banks Lake, Alapaha River, Little River (Hahira), Reed Bingham, and Grassy Pond. I haven't attempted Ray's Mill pond because from what I hear, it's nothing but pads and grass. Best luck we've had has been Grassy Pond, so I'm hoping to learn some tricks and maybe pass along what little I've learned here. Thanks!
94Snake
Pollywog

Return to New Members: Introduce Yourselves!