Transplant from Philly to Atlanta

A forum devoted to new member introductions and welcomes!

Moderator: sumtershoaliefan

Transplant from Philly to Atlanta

Postby georgiaken » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:12 pm

Hey everyone!

I just moved to the Mableton/Smyrna area from Philadelphia. I am a smallie addict...the Susquehanna River was my old home (and it was 2.5 hours from home LOL).

I run a 16ft, 90/65 jet and I love river fishing. Hopefully I can get into some shoalies and maybe some stripers.

I have been looking at the Flint and asking questions on other forums, and it seems that I'll need to buy a kayak if I want to do any serious fishing for them on the Upper Flint...

Anyway, hopefully, I can learn a lot from this forum...there seems to be good water all over the place down here!
georgiaken
Pollywog

Re: Transplant from Philly to Atlanta

Postby georgiaken » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:17 pm

I forgot to add...I am 100% catch and release. I have literally never kept a fish, to date...
georgiaken
Pollywog

Postby sumtershoaliefan » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:47 pm

A 90/65 is a whole lot of motor for a 16 footer. I have a 16foot G3 and it has a 60/40 Jet. Don't think it would float with a 90/65! :D

SSF
sumtershoaliefan
2007 GRF Angler Of The Year

Postby georgiaken » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:07 pm

It's a 2001 Ranger Cherokee...and like most Rangers, it's heavy...

All aluminum inside and out...
georgiaken
Pollywog

Postby Seminole Steve » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:52 pm

How 'bout them iggles!!

Welcome! I think you will find the river fishing far superior down here to what you are used to, especially after the Susq went downhill. But first, you need to get a yak or a solo canoe!
University of Alabama fans telling Auburn that they cheated is like Snookie telling Halle Berry that she is ugly. You just have to laugh.
- Charles Barkley
Seminole Steve
Green and Gold Thigh

Postby Dirk » Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:02 pm

Plenty of good jetboat waters within an hour from Smyna/Mableton. The Hooch flows right beside Smyna and has Shoalies, Spotted Bass, a few LM, and a good number of Stripers. There is a ramp down at Cambellton Rd SW (hwy 166) right beside the bridge and from there you can run upstream a LONG way, all the way up to "the wave" where Peachtree creek comes in if there is a reasonable amount of water and your jetboat runs pretty shallow. Send me pm if you want and I will give you my cell # and I can put you on some good jetboat waters. I am not familiar with most the rivers below Atlanta, but have run just about every river north of Atlanta in my jetboat (16' Lowe Tunnelhull with 75/55 jet) and even run many of the larger creeks. Dirk
I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do. –Leonardo da Vinci
Dirk
2 Pound Mountain Redeye

Return to New Members: Introduce Yourselves!