Stealth Bomber Attack

A forum devoted to new member introductions and welcomes!

Moderator: sumtershoaliefan

Stealth Bomber Attack

Postby Bassnfly » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:08 pm

Great site with tons of info, I have just relocated to Cumming, GA from the Carolina coast. I see alot NGTOer's on here and I have enjoyed the tailwater fishery below Buford Dam but after floating the lower half of the Cheastee last weekend I think I am having an affair with the lmb and spots that were boated on the fly rod. Can't wait to bust that first shoalie with the buggy whip this Fall. Many hours upon hours of Google Earth searches, bottles of Sweetwater, and many a flies tied upon sz1 and 1/0 hooks, but I am slowly cracking the code and can't wait to feel the tug of these rare fish. Can't wait to share flies/pattern/techniques in the near future. I have been mostly fishing the rivers North of Lanier from the kayak, but looking forward to shuttling with some of you guys this Fall, even if I have to wear a blindfold to the put in.
Bassnfly
Pollywog

Re: Stealth Bomber Attack

Postby Blackwater » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:58 am

welcome. You can get into some shoalie in the Upper Hooch with that fly rod, not too far from Cumming. Go to Wildwood Outfitters and let them shuttle you up to their first put in and then you fish/paddle eback doen to your vehicle. Not the best in Georgia but can be pretty good whne the water is right, guage it about 1.0 on depth.
"Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms." Josey Wales

"But hey Pappy, they integrated!'" Jr to Pappy O''Daniel
Blackwater
Green and Gold Thigh

Re: Stealth Bomber Attack

Postby Riverpirate » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:09 am

Welcome. And if you ever want to Ty it down here, let me know.
I only envy those who catch more fish than me.-Issac Walton
Riverpirate
Green and Gold Thigh

Return to New Members: Introduce Yourselves!