My best year on the river so far

This forum is for your best river pics. The best of the best. We like: 1) Especially big, pretty, or unusual river fish 2) Kids on rivers 3) Cool wildlife and scenery 4) Anything I've missed. Don't be shy!

Moderator: sumtershoaliefan

My best year on the river so far

Postby nathanmathis » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:10 pm

I was fortunate to get on some big fish during this past years' GRF tourney and take home the win. It will go down as one of my best years on the river. I was also fortunate to catch most of these fish while enjoying the river with great friends, both new and old. Several personal bests were acheived and broken again. Thanks to Dennis the Fish Menace for all he does to keep track of the tourney stringers. I went into the first day of the tourney still chasing that first 5lb shoalie, and I reached that goal that day with my first 5lb shoalie on topwater. Three weekends later my mind was blown when I landed a 6-6 beast of shoalie. I ended the tournament year with 4 shoalies over 5lbs and the 6lber. The other highlights were the 8lb largemouth from November and the 8-5 from February. It was a special year on the river by my standards, and I hope I have many more. On with the pics....

Labor day 5lber

6-6 shoalie and my PB

another look

November 8lb largemouth

another look

nice one from a few weeks later

My PB river largemouth @ 8-5 and a fine example of catch and release as Sumtershoaliefan caught her during his first trip in his jetboat when she weighed 7-8 I believe.

another look

The following weekend i caught my second best shoalie, a fat 5-11

another look

hard fighting march shoalie

nice one from April

few nice 4lbers in May

Big spawned out 5-8 from June

Another look

Nice 4lber

Best one I could manage the last weekend of the tournament
“They Don’t Think It Be Like It Is, But It Do” - Oscar Gamble
nathanmathis
Angler of the Year 2015-2016

Re: My best year on the river so far

Postby sumtershoaliefan » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:52 pm

That's a heck of a year Nathan by anyone's standards.

SSF
sumtershoaliefan
2007 GRF Angler Of The Year

Postby Dirk » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:13 pm

You hammered the big ones no doubt... Well done and glad you had a great year of riverfishing. This year has been weird for me with decent #'s the few trips I have been, but all smallish fish. I haven't been on a single float trip this year (just bank fishing, wading and a few jetboat trips so that could be a lot of it as I normally catch bigger bass on a float trip than from the bank (even in very remote bank access areas). Congrats again as those are some beauties.
I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do. –Leonardo da Vinci
Dirk
2 Pound Mountain Redeye

Postby goshawk » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:53 pm

Great Pictures, I've had years like that, then I wake up and realize it was only a dream :lol:
Life is short, art long, opportunity fleeting, experience deceptive, judgement difficult. - Hippocrates.
goshawk
Stumpknocker

Return to GRF Braggin' Board