The General's Brain Tumor

For you well-rounded types that occasionally may want to talk about something other than fishing. Hunting? Sports? Music? Politics? Looking to buy or sell something? Have at it!

Moderators: shoalieman, sumtershoaliefan

The General's Brain Tumor

Postby Blackwater » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:49 am

Todd U. called me a few days ago and asked for prayer concerning a tumor found to be on his pituitary gland. Yesterday it was determined to be non-malignant and possibly treatable with medication, however eventual surgery has not been ruled out completely. He is in the Raleigh NC area serving parttime as associate pastor of a 3500 hundred member church and full time student at the Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary just a few courses shy of his masters. He & Ashley are expecting their 3rd child in about 4 years.
"Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms." Josey Wales

"But hey Pappy, they integrated!'" Jr to Pappy O''Daniel
Blackwater
Green and Gold Thigh

Re: The General's Brain Tumor

Postby kayak kid » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:17 am

just to reassure people,it is estimated that 10% of people have benign pituitary tumors{adenomas] and most respond to meds,very few require surgery.If it does require surgery,it is usually because of pressure on surronding nerves
kayak kid
Fried Jack Fish

Postby Titaniumman » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:26 pm

Prayers sent.
Blackwater wrote:He & Ashley are expecting their 3rd child in about 4 years.

Didn't quite get that.
I dream of a better tomorrow in which chickens may cross roads with no fear their motive is in question.
Titaniumman
Green and Gold Thigh

Postby Blackwater » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:49 pm

Told they could never have their own children, thy adopted a new born baby girl, then in a few weeks Ashley turned up pregnant and had a little boythat is now between 2 & 3 and they just found out she is expecting again. The general is a blessed man.

Blackwater
Green and Gold Thigh

Postby nielson » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:05 am

Thanks for the report and I hope things work out. Kayak kid's info is encouraging.
YPJ

PS: T-man: I too was a little puzzled by what looks to be a 4 yr gestation period.
nielson
Green and Gold Thigh

Postby The General » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:13 am

A little update for everyone...

My wife, Ashley, didn't have a 4yr gestation, just a typical 9 month one. Our third baby was born in September. Trey Anthony is doing fine!

I've been pastoring full-time for the past three years while going to grad school full-time as well. Between those two, my wife, and now 3 kids, 4 & under, I've not been fishing much last couple of years. (excuses, excuses, I know)

As for my health, I'm doing great. My tumor was small and noncancerous. I had another MRI in late December and it is actually totally gone. I'm very thankful. Although I now have to find something else to blame my poor actions on with my wife other than, "Honey, I have a tumor."

Planning on getting back more into fishing this year. My oldest are starting to want to camp and go in "Daddy's Danoe". We may attempt that this spring for the first time.

Hope all is well. Miss you guys!

The General
The General
2 Pound Mountain Redeye

Postby Blackwater » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:26 pm

While we are on these subjects, may I say that if you have any of the issues In your life that the General and I had such as

abuse of alcohol
profanity
ureliability towards responsibilities to others
not caring how we influenced others
and so forth

Either the General or I will be happy to share the solutions we found to our sorry lifestyles, but you have to want to change, otherwise we won't be bugging you.

Blackwater
Green and Gold Thigh

Postby Mack in N.C. » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:46 pm

Hello Todd..Glad all well...Lets make it a point to do that float again. work has kept my fishing down the last couple of years but i plan to get out more this year. Plan on doing the float we did at least 4-5 times hopefully. Thanks Mack
http://mackinncblog.blogspot.com/

Real Men Paddle Canoes...Yaks are for Sissies
mowhawk pack
coleman scanoe
oldtown 158
2 oldtown 119's
1232 Jon Boat
Mack in N.C.
Massive Etowah Striper

Postby The General » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:54 pm

Mack!!! Great to hear from you! Let's do it. With no school, I'm planning on fishing more too.

Still have the same number? I do.

Let's also take this conversation to NC River Fishing and see if we can get that board going again.
The General
2 Pound Mountain Redeye

Return to Off-Topic Discussion