Stoked Up Prayer & Study Habits

For you well-rounded types that occasionally may want to talk about something other than fishing. Hunting? Sports? Music? Politics? Looking to buy or sell something? Have at it!

Moderators: shoalieman, sumtershoaliefan

Stoked Up Prayer & Study Habits

Postby shoalieman » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:33 pm

I'll practice some apologetics up front in case anyone is offended by what follows, but please forgive me if I take advantage of a freedom that may be taken away in the not-too-distant future.............
Some GRFers of faith may have already sensed the times and the seasons we are currently in and greatly increased their prayer lives. If any have not done this, I lovingly beg you to do this. "The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much" as it says in the New Testament Book of James. There is a huge need for comitted prayer warriors in our nation and in the world.
If enough of a true Revival and return to our nation's Judeo-Christian heritage happens, maybe things will turn around on a much more positive note? Time will tell.
For anyone who may still be trying to figure out if they want to take God up on John 3:16 or not, you are running out of time. Sure, the bottom may not fall out in the next year or two, but how do you know that for sure? God wrote a great love letter to you 2,000 years ago with the blood of Jesus on a wooden cross in Judea---why not take advantage of it?
The best bet is to simply confess Jesus as your Lord & Saviour and belive in your heart that God raised him from the dead as it states in chapter 10 of the New Testament Book of Romans. Remember, He is away preparing a heavenly mansion for those who trust in Him.
I hope all of us get to hang out together on the other side!!!
Romans 13:11-13: Another reason for right living is this: you know how late it is; time is running out. Wake up, for the coming of the Lord is nearer now than when we first believed. The night is far gone, the day of his return will soon be here.
shoalieman
2005 & 2006 GRF Angler Of The Year

Re: Stoked Up Prayer & Study Habits

Postby Blackwater » Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:51 pm

When the roll is called up yonder I'll be there.
"Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms." Josey Wales

"But hey Pappy, they integrated!'" Jr to Pappy O''Daniel
Blackwater
Green and Gold Thigh

Postby RIVER FISHERMAN » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:00 pm

WE DON'T KNOW WHEN BUT IT CAN'T BE LONG. River FIsherman
RIVER FISHERMAN
Stumpknocker

Postby wetinaline » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:33 pm

Apology accepted. 8)
wetinaline
Stumpknocker

Postby shoalieman » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:41 pm

It'll be nice to get a new body that doesn't ache like this one does :D :D :D
Romans 13:11-13: Another reason for right living is this: you know how late it is; time is running out. Wake up, for the coming of the Lord is nearer now than when we first believed. The night is far gone, the day of his return will soon be here.
shoalieman

Postby shoalieman » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:06 pm

This is a bump to update this thread. Your passionate prayers filled with faith are still powerful. It's probably more evident than ever to most that our nation dare not try to go it alone without God's help and fellowship.
With Him we prosper and without Him we wither away. Godspeed to all.
shoalieman

Return to Off-Topic Discussion