Anybody Out There?

Here's the place to discuss anything Georgia, river, or fishing-related! This is the busiest part of the board, so if you don't know where to go or need a quick answer, try here first.

Moderators: shoalieman, sumtershoaliefan

Anybody Out There?

Postby Trotline » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:29 pm

Just figured I'd post to see if anyone would reply. I miss a lot of the old posters and hope they are all fine.
Trotline
2 Pound Mountain Redeye

Re: Anybody Out There?

Postby Titaniumman » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:54 pm

I stop by every now and then. Just about to finish my elevated (fifteen feet!) house on the Flint. Trim is being done right now, and I'm hauling the flooring down there Saturday.

Then, the plumber and electrician can finish up. Then, EMC will move the power directly to the house. Then, the HVAC guy will finish up, and the house will be comfortable. I'm looking for someone to caulk and paint the exterior, and hang the gutters and shutters. I'll paint the stairs and balcony myself.

View of the river and shoals is amazing.

Too bad photobucket now charges, or I'd provide pictures.

-T-
I dream of a better tomorrow in which chickens may cross roads with no fear their motive is in question.
Titaniumman
Green and Gold Thigh

Postby Trotline » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:56 pm

Ti Man, delighted to hear that you finally got your place built. I might know a painter over in your neck-of-the-woods if you are still in need.
Trotline
2 Pound Mountain Redeye

Postby Titaniumman » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:09 am

I was sitting on my balcony about 3 weeks ago, when the bald eagle who lives out there (Shoalieman once saw him fly by.) swooped down from the other side of the river and flew under the trees of my property and looped back out. I was actually looking down on him as he flew by from not more than 20 yards away! The following week, mid-day, a fat whitetail doe came grazing as I again sat in my rocking chair on the balcony.

Propane tank for the gas range is ordered, and the plumber and electrician have a few details to finish.

Air conditioning is running, hot and cold running water... Oh, how I love primitive camping on the Flint.
I dream of a better tomorrow in which chickens may cross roads with no fear their motive is in question.
Titaniumman
Green and Gold Thigh

Return to General Discussion